Minecraft is soon to get the Better Together update, but first, a Beta is set to commence this week across Windows 10, Android, and Xbox One.
If you own Minecraft: Xbox One Edition or Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition, you’ll receive the brand new version of Minecraft for free (and, don’t worry, if you’re attached to the old console version, you can still play that too).
To make sure everything runs smoothly, the aforementioned Beta will commence today on Windows 10 and Android, with Xbox One to follow in the coming days. Here’s what to do if you want to test on either Xbox One (when available) and Windows 10. Note: You will need to own the digital version of the game.
1. Go to the Store app on Xbox One or a Windows 10 PC.
2. Search for the Xbox Insider Hub app.
3. Download and install Xbox Insider Hub.
4. Launch the Xbox Insider Hub.
5. Navigate to Insider content > Minecraft Beta.
6. Select Join.
7. Have fun and find bugs!