A patch has just been released for Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom, fixing heaps and heaps of issues. We’ve listed the notes below so that you can see what changes have been made. Do note however that the notes do contain some slight story spoilers, so read on at your own risk.
One of the major improvements this patch brings to the game is about the camera system in combats. What you need to know about this feature:
– There are two camera modes in combats: Autolock (the camera automatically targets the enemy) and Free (the player can move the camera freely).
– Both modes are improved with the patch.
– You can change modes in the Settings menu (Combat camera autolock: ON/OFF).
– The default camera for combats is now Free mode in the patched version (Combat camera autolock: OFF). It was Autolock mode in the launch version (Combat camera autolock: ON).
Bug fix (content):
– [Blocking issue fix] The Cohaya is now usable in the moutain after Mantara City Battle, preventing players from being stuck in the summit.
– [Blocking issue fix] It’s now not possible anymore to save during the cannons sequence of the Mantara City Battle.
– [Blocking issue fix] In the quest “Three’s a Crowd“, Vrynn can’t disapear outside the game area anymore, preventing players to be stuck with her.
– [Blocking issue fix] In the Train Dungeon, players can’t be stuck in combat after the alarm activation.
– [Blocking issue fix] The side quest “Catch ’em all” can now be finished even if the player hunts Fauns in a different area than the Plain.
– [Blocking issue fix] The Side quest “Music Maestra!” can now be finished even if the player get the requested item in a different area than the Plain.
– It’s now impossible to gain exp above level 50 and go back to level 1.
– The achievement “It’s really going down!” is fixed: money made by selling items is now taken into account.
– The puzzle to access the secret area Hall of Giants has been removed.
– Changes to the Meos’ Palace to prevent characters skills from deactivating.
– Irys’ rumors are now properly updated with side quests.
– In combat, enemies now always die when falling.
– Fix of an issue displaying a red HP gauge in combat.
– Fix of a bug preventing Train Dungeon alarms from activating.
– Fix of a bug opening several chests in the same time and preventing the access from some specific rewards.
– In the Mountain, players can’t avoid the fight against Father.
– Fix of various sound issues.
– [PS4 & XB1] Ambient sounds are properly played
– [PS4] AOE spells’ visual effects are properly displayed on the ground
Bug fix (performances and parameters):
– [PS4 & XB1] The X and Y axis camera setting is now saved
– [PC] Fix of video stuttering with AMD processors.
– [PC] Improvement of the “Show Vegetation” option, now displaying rocks when it is set to OFF.
– [PC] The game now starts with the keyboard/mouse or controller interface depending on what’s used on the Main Screen.
– In the options, players can now change gauge values faster.
– Addition of hints in the loading screens.
– New mentions of the Cohaya of Xaham in various lines.
– A few elements have been removed in the environments to improve comfort during combats.
– Bushes now disappear in combat to improve visibility.
– Items in the fighting area disappear at a longer range.
– Improvement of the Autolock combat camera mode.
– Improvement of the Free combat camera mode.
– The Hyper validation input can’t be interrupted anymore.
– The Elemental doors now request the same Shi Value for each element.
– New defeat message when losing during the cannons sequence of the Mantara City Battle.
– A Bloodor is now displayed on a save where the player has suffered at least one Game Over.