It comes as little surprise that there’s a massive Monster Hunter: World guide book incoming, given the size and scale of the game. Unfortunately, however, there only appears to be a Japanese version, as made apparent by a recent Amazon listing.
We’ve reached out to Capcom to see if it will come to the West. Some bullet points from the Amazon listing has been translated by the folks over at Siliconera:
- Understanding the Hunter Life: Basic game flow, information on Astera facilities.
- Understanding Hunter Techniques: Basic Hunter action, details and recommended combos for all 14 weapons.
- Understanding how to Hunt Monsters: Detailed information on all monsters, including their attack characteristics, weaknesses, and more.
- Understanding Quest Info to the End: A complete set of info on all quests, including rewards for monsters that appear in Free Quests, and more.
- Understanding Weapon Sharpness and Weapon Tree: A giant collection of weapon data with over 1,000 weapons. In addition to showing all its upgrades in the weapon trees, it shows the attack power, sharpness, and more including Bowgun shots.
- Understanding Armor Graphics and Performance: Data for all-things armor, including a look at different armor series, skills, and more.
- Understanding Your Friendly Felynes: Everything about Felynes, including their armor effects, as well as data on weapon & armor.
- Understanding Field Characteristics: Complete data and details for the fields you explore while on a hunt.
- Understanding Where to Get Materials: Data on the over-690 different items including where to find or what monsters to get them from.
It’s a very comprehensive guide by the sounds of it, one I fully suspect western gamers will pick up by the bucket-load if it comes over. Standby.